Runaway US rail car goes unnoticed for 11 hours
Niagara Falls (New York): A rail car disconnected from a freight train, rolled across a bridge spanning the US-Canadian border and sat near a Canadian railroad station for nearly half a day before security personnel checked it out.
The Niagara Gazette reports that CSX officials believe someone intentionally disconnected the empty car at the company`s rail yard early on the morning of August 12.
The car rolled about 3.2 kilometres to a railroad bridge over the Niagara River, crossed into Canada and went another few hundred feet before stopping near the Via Rail station in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Agents with the Canada Border Services Agency investigated about 11 hours later.
Canadian officials say they`re investigating the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march
- Pakistan fans trolled Virat Kohli after Misbah-ul-Haq & Co dethroned India in ICC rankings
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home