Runaway US rail car goes unnoticed for 11 hours
Niagara Falls (New York): A rail car disconnected from a freight train, rolled across a bridge spanning the US-Canadian border and sat near a Canadian railroad station for nearly half a day before security personnel checked it out.
The Niagara Gazette reports that CSX officials believe someone intentionally disconnected the empty car at the company`s rail yard early on the morning of August 12.
The car rolled about 3.2 kilometres to a railroad bridge over the Niagara River, crossed into Canada and went another few hundred feet before stopping near the Via Rail station in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Agents with the Canada Border Services Agency investigated about 11 hours later.
Canadian officials say they`re investigating the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai