Runaway US rail car goes unnoticed for 11 hours
Niagara Falls (New York): A rail car disconnected from a freight train, rolled across a bridge spanning the US-Canadian border and sat near a Canadian railroad station for nearly half a day before security personnel checked it out.
The Niagara Gazette reports that CSX officials believe someone intentionally disconnected the empty car at the company`s rail yard early on the morning of August 12.
The car rolled about 3.2 kilometres to a railroad bridge over the Niagara River, crossed into Canada and went another few hundred feet before stopping near the Via Rail station in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Agents with the Canada Border Services Agency investigated about 11 hours later.
Canadian officials say they`re investigating the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok