Runaway US rail car goes unnoticed for 11 hours
Niagara Falls (New York): A rail car disconnected from a freight train, rolled across a bridge spanning the US-Canadian border and sat near a Canadian railroad station for nearly half a day before security personnel checked it out.
The Niagara Gazette reports that CSX officials believe someone intentionally disconnected the empty car at the company`s rail yard early on the morning of August 12.
The car rolled about 3.2 kilometres to a railroad bridge over the Niagara River, crossed into Canada and went another few hundred feet before stopping near the Via Rail station in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Agents with the Canada Border Services Agency investigated about 11 hours later.
Canadian officials say they`re investigating the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack