Runaway US rail car goes unnoticed for 11 hours
Niagara Falls (New York): A rail car disconnected from a freight train, rolled across a bridge spanning the US-Canadian border and sat near a Canadian railroad station for nearly half a day before security personnel checked it out.
The Niagara Gazette reports that CSX officials believe someone intentionally disconnected the empty car at the company`s rail yard early on the morning of August 12.
The car rolled about 3.2 kilometres to a railroad bridge over the Niagara River, crossed into Canada and went another few hundred feet before stopping near the Via Rail station in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Agents with the Canada Border Services Agency investigated about 11 hours later.
Canadian officials say they`re investigating the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack