Rupert Murdoch, wife reach divorce deal in NYC
New York: Media baron Rupert Murdoch and his wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch, have reached a divorce settlement.
The two appeared in a New York court today to tell a judge they`ve reached a deal to end their 14-year marriage. Terms weren`t disclosed.
The Murdochs say in a joint statement that the settlement was amicable. It says they`ll move forward with "mutual respect" and a shared interest in their daughters` welfare. It was the third marriage for 82-year-old Rupert Murdoch, who leads 20th Century Fox and News Corp.
The divorce won`t affect control of the companies or the succession plan for them. Rupert Murdoch controls them through a family trust that benefits his four children from previous marriages.
He and 44-year-old Wendi Deng Murdoch have two school-age daughters. They are beneficiaries of 8.7 million non-voting shares being held in a separate trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets