Rupert Murdoch, wife reach divorce deal in NYC
New York: Media baron Rupert Murdoch and his wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch, have reached a divorce settlement.
The two appeared in a New York court today to tell a judge they`ve reached a deal to end their 14-year marriage. Terms weren`t disclosed.
The Murdochs say in a joint statement that the settlement was amicable. It says they`ll move forward with "mutual respect" and a shared interest in their daughters` welfare. It was the third marriage for 82-year-old Rupert Murdoch, who leads 20th Century Fox and News Corp.
The divorce won`t affect control of the companies or the succession plan for them. Rupert Murdoch controls them through a family trust that benefits his four children from previous marriages.
He and 44-year-old Wendi Deng Murdoch have two school-age daughters. They are beneficiaries of 8.7 million non-voting shares being held in a separate trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez