Rupert Murdoch`s mother Elisabeth dies aged 103
London: Rupert Murdoch`s mother Dame Elisabeth Murdoch has died at her home in Victoria, Australia, at the age of 103, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
In a statement, News Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch said his mother, who died peacefully in her sleep at her home on Cruden Farm in Melbourne would be mourned by thousands of Australians who had been touched by her long life.
Murdoch said: "We have lost the most wonderful mother but we are all grateful to have had her love and wisdom for so many years.
"Throughout her life, our mother demonstrated the very best qualities of true public service."
In September, Dame Elisabeth broke her leg in a fall and spent time in hospital.
The philanthropist and matriarch of the Murdoch family, was surrounded by her family at her home set on more than 54 hectares at Langwarrin in the southeast of Melbourne, the newspaper said.
Her family said details of a memorial service would be confirmed shortly, but her funeral is expected to be a private one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?