Russia: 1,000 people evacuated due to flood
Vladivostok: At least 1,000 people were evacuated on Monday after a flood inundated half of a town in Russia`s Far Eastern Yakutia region, Itar-Tass news agency reported.
Most of the evacuees in the town of Srednekolymsk, which has 3,500 inhabitants, had moved to homes of their relatives or acquaintances, and approximately 150 people were being sheltered at three evacuation centers.
Water from the Kolyma River has reached roofs of houses built in low lands in Srednekolymsk.
Forecasts said the situation was unlikely to improve in the town, which had not experienced such a devastating flood for decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi