Russia: 1,000 people evacuated due to flood
Vladivostok: At least 1,000 people were evacuated on Monday after a flood inundated half of a town in Russia`s Far Eastern Yakutia region, Itar-Tass news agency reported.
Most of the evacuees in the town of Srednekolymsk, which has 3,500 inhabitants, had moved to homes of their relatives or acquaintances, and approximately 150 people were being sheltered at three evacuation centers.
Water from the Kolyma River has reached roofs of houses built in low lands in Srednekolymsk.
Forecasts said the situation was unlikely to improve in the town, which had not experienced such a devastating flood for decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!