Russia accuses US of breaching non-proliferation obligations
Moscow: Russia on Saturday accused the United
States of breaching its non-proliferation obligations under
bilateral nuclear arms reduction treaties and supplying banned
technologies to Israel and other American allies in violation
of its commitments.
American companies continue to actively supply various
missile-technologies-related products and know-how
technologies to foreign countries, about third of which are
not members of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR),
including Egypt, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, the UAE, Taiwan and
others, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
In a statement the Foreign Ministry listed details of
violations by the US obligations on non-proliferation of
weapons of mass-destruction.
"Questions are raised in Moscow in connection with the
American bomb and missile supplies to Israel in the last
Middle East conflicts. The actions of the United States run
counter to the basic provisions of the Wassenaar agreements
and the OSCE arms supply principles," ITAR-TASS said quoting
the the Foreign Ministry.
Russia points that the US industrial security
monitoring service in the first half of 2008 alone detected
more than 70 illegitimate export supplies of military and
dual-use items and technologies, most of which were supplied
to countries like China, Iran, Syria and Libya included by
Washington in the so-called black list.
The Russian statement also points at the
non-observance of bilateral arms cut treaties by the US,
expressing concerns over non-fulfillment of conditions of the
1991 START-1 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty.
"Russia has more than once expressed its concerns in
connection with the unsanctioned reequipping of five ICBM
launch facilities for intercontinental ballistic missiles at a
testing ground at the Vandenberg with interceptor missiles,
something that goes against the terms of the treaty," the
foreign ministry said.
The statement posted in Russian language site of
the Foreign Ministry has also given a long list of incidents,
when Washington breached its obligations in non-proliferation
of chemical and biological weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia