Russia alarmed over chemical weapons` use in Syria
Moscow: Russia has expressed its concern over the alleged use of chemical weapons by Syria`s armed opposition, saying that it would lead to an escalation of the conflict.
Syria`s state news agency SANA accused anti-government militants of firing a rocket containing chemical agents into a village near the northern city of Aleppo, reportedly killing at least 26 people. Around 100 people are reported to be injured.
"We are very seriously concerned by the fact that chemical weapons have fallen in the hands of the armed opposition in Syria," Russian foreign ministry said in a statement Tuesday.
Opposition forces have denied reports of the attack and instead accused the government of using chemical weapons.
More than 70,000 people have been killed since the outbreak of hostilities in Syria, according to the latest UN estimate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'