Russia alarmed over chemical weapons` use in Syria
Moscow: Russia has expressed its concern over the alleged use of chemical weapons by Syria`s armed opposition, saying that it would lead to an escalation of the conflict.
Syria`s state news agency SANA accused anti-government militants of firing a rocket containing chemical agents into a village near the northern city of Aleppo, reportedly killing at least 26 people. Around 100 people are reported to be injured.
"We are very seriously concerned by the fact that chemical weapons have fallen in the hands of the armed opposition in Syria," Russian foreign ministry said in a statement Tuesday.
Opposition forces have denied reports of the attack and instead accused the government of using chemical weapons.
More than 70,000 people have been killed since the outbreak of hostilities in Syria, according to the latest UN estimate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested