Russia alarmed over chemical weapons` use in Syria
Moscow: Russia has expressed its concern over the alleged use of chemical weapons by Syria`s armed opposition, saying that it would lead to an escalation of the conflict.
Syria`s state news agency SANA accused anti-government militants of firing a rocket containing chemical agents into a village near the northern city of Aleppo, reportedly killing at least 26 people. Around 100 people are reported to be injured.
"We are very seriously concerned by the fact that chemical weapons have fallen in the hands of the armed opposition in Syria," Russian foreign ministry said in a statement Tuesday.
Opposition forces have denied reports of the attack and instead accused the government of using chemical weapons.
More than 70,000 people have been killed since the outbreak of hostilities in Syria, according to the latest UN estimate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal