Russia arrests suspect in foiled terror attack
Moscow: Russia`s counter-terrorism agency said special forces have today arrested a man it says planned a terrorist attack on Moscow that the agency foiled last month.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said in a statement that troops from the Federal Security Service, or FSB, arrested Yulai Davletbayev in suburban Moscow this morning.
Russian TV showed images of special forces arresting a man identified as Davletbayev. It was not clear when or where the operation took place.
Two suspected militants were killed and a third arrested in an FSB operation in May. The men were Russian citizens trained in terrorist camps on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, the committee said.
Russian special forces regularly announce that they have thwarted terrorist attacks, most often in the Caucasus region of southern Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune