Russia arrests suspect in foiled terror attack
Moscow: Russia`s counter-terrorism agency said special forces have today arrested a man it says planned a terrorist attack on Moscow that the agency foiled last month.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said in a statement that troops from the Federal Security Service, or FSB, arrested Yulai Davletbayev in suburban Moscow this morning.
Russian TV showed images of special forces arresting a man identified as Davletbayev. It was not clear when or where the operation took place.
Two suspected militants were killed and a third arrested in an FSB operation in May. The men were Russian citizens trained in terrorist camps on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, the committee said.
Russian special forces regularly announce that they have thwarted terrorist attacks, most often in the Caucasus region of southern Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?