Russia assails US ambassador
Moscow: Russia`s Foreign Ministry has harshly criticised the US ambassador for his remarks at a meeting with students, accusing him of breaking diplomatic etiquette and misrepresenting Moscow`s foreign policy.
The ministry`s attack on Michael McFaul follows negative coverage given to him by state-run television stations.
The ministry on Monday targeted McFaul for saying that Russia had offered money to the leader of Kyrgyzstan for removing a US base from its soil, saying his description of this and other issues was "deliberately distorted”.
The ministry also accused McFaul of misrepresenting Russia`s stance on such issues as the Iranian nuclear standoff and North Korea`s nuclear programme.
Asked about the attack on his Twitter, McFaul avoided responding directly, saying he is "still learning the craft of speaking more diplomatically”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days