Russia assails US ambassador
Moscow: Russia`s Foreign Ministry has harshly criticised the US ambassador for his remarks at a meeting with students, accusing him of breaking diplomatic etiquette and misrepresenting Moscow`s foreign policy.
The ministry`s attack on Michael McFaul follows negative coverage given to him by state-run television stations.
The ministry on Monday targeted McFaul for saying that Russia had offered money to the leader of Kyrgyzstan for removing a US base from its soil, saying his description of this and other issues was "deliberately distorted”.
The ministry also accused McFaul of misrepresenting Russia`s stance on such issues as the Iranian nuclear standoff and North Korea`s nuclear programme.
Asked about the attack on his Twitter, McFaul avoided responding directly, saying he is "still learning the craft of speaking more diplomatically”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai