Russia assails US ambassador
Moscow: Russia`s Foreign Ministry has harshly criticised the US ambassador for his remarks at a meeting with students, accusing him of breaking diplomatic etiquette and misrepresenting Moscow`s foreign policy.
The ministry`s attack on Michael McFaul follows negative coverage given to him by state-run television stations.
The ministry on Monday targeted McFaul for saying that Russia had offered money to the leader of Kyrgyzstan for removing a US base from its soil, saying his description of this and other issues was "deliberately distorted”.
The ministry also accused McFaul of misrepresenting Russia`s stance on such issues as the Iranian nuclear standoff and North Korea`s nuclear programme.
Asked about the attack on his Twitter, McFaul avoided responding directly, saying he is "still learning the craft of speaking more diplomatically”.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India