Russia bans entry to unspecified US officials
Moscow: Russia says it has banned entry to US officials allegedly involved in killings and abductions in response to Washington`s blacklisting of Russian officials involved in the prison death of a whistleblower.
The Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it was blacklisting unspecified US officials it claims were involved in prison torture, killings of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq or abductions and abuse of Russian nationals in the US.
The action was in response to the US State Department`s decision in July to ban entry to dozens of unidentified Russian officials allegedly involved in the death of Sergei Magnitsky.
Magnitsky died in jail in 2009 after reportedly finding that police officers were involved in an illegal takeover of the assets of the company he worked for to reclaim USD 230 million in taxes from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!