Russia bans entry to unspecified US officials
Moscow: Russia says it has banned entry to US officials allegedly involved in killings and abductions in response to Washington`s blacklisting of Russian officials involved in the prison death of a whistleblower.
The Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it was blacklisting unspecified US officials it claims were involved in prison torture, killings of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq or abductions and abuse of Russian nationals in the US.
The action was in response to the US State Department`s decision in July to ban entry to dozens of unidentified Russian officials allegedly involved in the death of Sergei Magnitsky.
Magnitsky died in jail in 2009 after reportedly finding that police officers were involved in an illegal takeover of the assets of the company he worked for to reclaim USD 230 million in taxes from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites