Russia bans entry to unspecified US officials
Moscow: Russia says it has banned entry to US officials allegedly involved in killings and abductions in response to Washington`s blacklisting of Russian officials involved in the prison death of a whistleblower.
The Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it was blacklisting unspecified US officials it claims were involved in prison torture, killings of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq or abductions and abuse of Russian nationals in the US.
The action was in response to the US State Department`s decision in July to ban entry to dozens of unidentified Russian officials allegedly involved in the death of Sergei Magnitsky.
Magnitsky died in jail in 2009 after reportedly finding that police officers were involved in an illegal takeover of the assets of the company he worked for to reclaim USD 230 million in taxes from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?