Russia bans entry to unspecified US officials
Moscow: Russia says it has banned entry to US officials allegedly involved in killings and abductions in response to Washington`s blacklisting of Russian officials involved in the prison death of a whistleblower.
The Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it was blacklisting unspecified US officials it claims were involved in prison torture, killings of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq or abductions and abuse of Russian nationals in the US.
The action was in response to the US State Department`s decision in July to ban entry to dozens of unidentified Russian officials allegedly involved in the death of Sergei Magnitsky.
Magnitsky died in jail in 2009 after reportedly finding that police officers were involved in an illegal takeover of the assets of the company he worked for to reclaim USD 230 million in taxes from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why