Russia bans entry to unspecified US officials
Moscow: Russia says it has banned entry to US officials allegedly involved in killings and abductions in response to Washington`s blacklisting of Russian officials involved in the prison death of a whistleblower.
The Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it was blacklisting unspecified US officials it claims were involved in prison torture, killings of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq or abductions and abuse of Russian nationals in the US.
The action was in response to the US State Department`s decision in July to ban entry to dozens of unidentified Russian officials allegedly involved in the death of Sergei Magnitsky.
Magnitsky died in jail in 2009 after reportedly finding that police officers were involved in an illegal takeover of the assets of the company he worked for to reclaim USD 230 million in taxes from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter