Russia begins refuelling Iran nuclear plant: Report
Moscow: Russia on Friday resumed loading fuel into Iran`s first nuclear power plant after it had to be removed because of an apparent technical fault, news reports said.
The Atomstroyexport agency which oversaw the Bushehr plant`s construction said in a statement that the refuelling operation began after the plant had been re-checked and its various pieces "washed through”, news agencies reported.
It was not immediately clear from the statement when the Bushehr plant would be commissioned.
Russia last month blamed the delay on internal wear-and-tear at the plant, whose construction was initially launched with the help of Germany`s Siemens company in the 1970s.
It also blamed Iran for forcing Russian engineers to work with outdated pieces in the plant, whose construction has been bitterly opposed by Iran`s arch-foe Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report