Russia begins refuelling Iran nuclear plant: Report
Moscow: Russia on Friday resumed loading fuel into Iran`s first nuclear power plant after it had to be removed because of an apparent technical fault, news reports said.
The Atomstroyexport agency which oversaw the Bushehr plant`s construction said in a statement that the refuelling operation began after the plant had been re-checked and its various pieces "washed through”, news agencies reported.
It was not immediately clear from the statement when the Bushehr plant would be commissioned.
Russia last month blamed the delay on internal wear-and-tear at the plant, whose construction was initially launched with the help of Germany`s Siemens company in the 1970s.
It also blamed Iran for forcing Russian engineers to work with outdated pieces in the plant, whose construction has been bitterly opposed by Iran`s arch-foe Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof