Russia boosts security at missile launch sites
Moscow: Russia is strengthening the security of its missile launching sites in the wake of rising potential threats.
The Russian Strategic Missile Forces (SMF) are finalising the modernisation of automated security systems at nine of its major missile bases, said SMF spokesperson Colonel Vadim Koval on Wednesday.
The step is being undertaken to counter the growing threat of potential terrorist attacks, he added.
"The modernisation includes the upgrade of warning and surveillance systems, detection sensors, integrated fire control systems and power supply grids," the spokesperson said.
He also said that automated security at SMF bases is provided by six different systems, developed and produced by Russian defence industry firms.
"The overhaul is being carried out at the highest levels of secrecy in regard to the specifications of the installed equipment and its operating algorithms," Koval said.
The SMF is also tightening rules of engagement and training requirements for security personnel at the bases and around mobile missile launch sites.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!