Russia building new airborne fighting vehicle
Moscow: A Russian defence firm is developing a new airborne fighting vehicle, according to the country`s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.
"We are ready to continue the work on the new platforms that are currently being developed at Kurganmashzavod. This includes the Kurganets platform for the new airborne fighting vehicle," Rogozin said Monday.
He said the te General Staff of the Armed Forces will make the final decision on the system to be adopted.
"The industry may propose a variety of technical options to the Defence ministry but it may not act as the contracting authority," Rogozin said.
Earlier, Ground Forces commander Col. Gen. Vladimir Chirkin, the military will take delivery of new armored vehicles some time after 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends