Russia building new airborne fighting vehicle
Moscow: A Russian defence firm is developing a new airborne fighting vehicle, according to the country`s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.
"We are ready to continue the work on the new platforms that are currently being developed at Kurganmashzavod. This includes the Kurganets platform for the new airborne fighting vehicle," Rogozin said Monday.
He said the te General Staff of the Armed Forces will make the final decision on the system to be adopted.
"The industry may propose a variety of technical options to the Defence ministry but it may not act as the contracting authority," Rogozin said.
Earlier, Ground Forces commander Col. Gen. Vladimir Chirkin, the military will take delivery of new armored vehicles some time after 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH