Russia building new airborne fighting vehicle
Moscow: A Russian defence firm is developing a new airborne fighting vehicle, according to the country`s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.
"We are ready to continue the work on the new platforms that are currently being developed at Kurganmashzavod. This includes the Kurganets platform for the new airborne fighting vehicle," Rogozin said Monday.
He said the te General Staff of the Armed Forces will make the final decision on the system to be adopted.
"The industry may propose a variety of technical options to the Defence ministry but it may not act as the contracting authority," Rogozin said.
Earlier, Ground Forces commander Col. Gen. Vladimir Chirkin, the military will take delivery of new armored vehicles some time after 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar