Russia building new airborne fighting vehicle
Moscow: A Russian defence firm is developing a new airborne fighting vehicle, according to the country`s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.
"We are ready to continue the work on the new platforms that are currently being developed at Kurganmashzavod. This includes the Kurganets platform for the new airborne fighting vehicle," Rogozin said Monday.
He said the te General Staff of the Armed Forces will make the final decision on the system to be adopted.
"The industry may propose a variety of technical options to the Defence ministry but it may not act as the contracting authority," Rogozin said.
Earlier, Ground Forces commander Col. Gen. Vladimir Chirkin, the military will take delivery of new armored vehicles some time after 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32