Russia building new airborne fighting vehicle
Moscow: A Russian defence firm is developing a new airborne fighting vehicle, according to the country`s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.
"We are ready to continue the work on the new platforms that are currently being developed at Kurganmashzavod. This includes the Kurganets platform for the new airborne fighting vehicle," Rogozin said Monday.
He said the te General Staff of the Armed Forces will make the final decision on the system to be adopted.
"The industry may propose a variety of technical options to the Defence ministry but it may not act as the contracting authority," Rogozin said.
Earlier, Ground Forces commander Col. Gen. Vladimir Chirkin, the military will take delivery of new armored vehicles some time after 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video