Russia calls for political dialogue in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has called for a political dialogue between the Syrian government and the opposition, and it supports a peaceful settlement of the prolonged crisis in the Middle East country, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday.
In conversation with the new UN-Arab League joint special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi over phone, Lavrov said that Russia favours an immediate ceasefire in the conflict-torn country and the early start of a political dialogue between Syrian authorities and the opposition, Xinhua reported.
Lavrov also urged all sides in Syria to follow the "roadmap" based on outgoing special envoy Kofi Annan`s peace plan, said a statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?