Russia calls for political dialogue in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has called for a political dialogue between the Syrian government and the opposition, and it supports a peaceful settlement of the prolonged crisis in the Middle East country, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday.
In conversation with the new UN-Arab League joint special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi over phone, Lavrov said that Russia favours an immediate ceasefire in the conflict-torn country and the early start of a political dialogue between Syrian authorities and the opposition, Xinhua reported.
Lavrov also urged all sides in Syria to follow the "roadmap" based on outgoing special envoy Kofi Annan`s peace plan, said a statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog