Russia calls for political dialogue in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has called for a political dialogue between the Syrian government and the opposition, and it supports a peaceful settlement of the prolonged crisis in the Middle East country, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday.
In conversation with the new UN-Arab League joint special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi over phone, Lavrov said that Russia favours an immediate ceasefire in the conflict-torn country and the early start of a political dialogue between Syrian authorities and the opposition, Xinhua reported.
Lavrov also urged all sides in Syria to follow the "roadmap" based on outgoing special envoy Kofi Annan`s peace plan, said a statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country