Russia calls for political dialogue in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has called for a political dialogue between the Syrian government and the opposition, and it supports a peaceful settlement of the prolonged crisis in the Middle East country, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday.
In conversation with the new UN-Arab League joint special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi over phone, Lavrov said that Russia favours an immediate ceasefire in the conflict-torn country and the early start of a political dialogue between Syrian authorities and the opposition, Xinhua reported.
Lavrov also urged all sides in Syria to follow the "roadmap" based on outgoing special envoy Kofi Annan`s peace plan, said a statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning