Russia calls for political dialogue in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has called for a political dialogue between the Syrian government and the opposition, and it supports a peaceful settlement of the prolonged crisis in the Middle East country, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday.
In conversation with the new UN-Arab League joint special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi over phone, Lavrov said that Russia favours an immediate ceasefire in the conflict-torn country and the early start of a political dialogue between Syrian authorities and the opposition, Xinhua reported.
Lavrov also urged all sides in Syria to follow the "roadmap" based on outgoing special envoy Kofi Annan`s peace plan, said a statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS