Russia calls for probe into Syrian massacre
Moscow: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has called for a probe into the recent massacre in the Syrian town of Houla.
"An objective and unbiased investigation of all circumstances of what happened (in Houla) should be carried out under the auspices of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria," Lavrov told UN and Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan on the phone.
Over 100 people were killed in Houla in Homs province, including dozens of children and women, in the May 25-26 attack in one of the deadliest events since the uprising against President Bashar Assad began in March 2011.
Over 10,000 people have been killed in clashes between the government and opposition forces in Syria since the start of the uprising, according to UN estimates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed