Russia calls for probe into Syrian massacre
Moscow: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has called for a probe into the recent massacre in the Syrian town of Houla.
"An objective and unbiased investigation of all circumstances of what happened (in Houla) should be carried out under the auspices of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria," Lavrov told UN and Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan on the phone.
Over 100 people were killed in Houla in Homs province, including dozens of children and women, in the May 25-26 attack in one of the deadliest events since the uprising against President Bashar Assad began in March 2011.
Over 10,000 people have been killed in clashes between the government and opposition forces in Syria since the start of the uprising, according to UN estimates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened