Russia calls for probe into Syrian massacre
Moscow: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has called for a probe into the recent massacre in the Syrian town of Houla.
"An objective and unbiased investigation of all circumstances of what happened (in Houla) should be carried out under the auspices of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria," Lavrov told UN and Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan on the phone.
Over 100 people were killed in Houla in Homs province, including dozens of children and women, in the May 25-26 attack in one of the deadliest events since the uprising against President Bashar Assad began in March 2011.
Over 10,000 people have been killed in clashes between the government and opposition forces in Syria since the start of the uprising, according to UN estimates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral