Russia calls for probe into Syrian massacre
Moscow: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has called for a probe into the recent massacre in the Syrian town of Houla.
"An objective and unbiased investigation of all circumstances of what happened (in Houla) should be carried out under the auspices of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria," Lavrov told UN and Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan on the phone.
Over 100 people were killed in Houla in Homs province, including dozens of children and women, in the May 25-26 attack in one of the deadliest events since the uprising against President Bashar Assad began in March 2011.
Over 10,000 people have been killed in clashes between the government and opposition forces in Syria since the start of the uprising, according to UN estimates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?