Russia, China close in on mega gas deal
Moscow: Russia and China on Thursday said that they had made progress towards agreeing a mega deal for the delivery of Russian gas to its energy-hungry eastern neighbour.
Russian gas giant Gazprom and China`s state energy firm signed an agreement after a meeting between Presidents Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin ahead of the G20 summit in Saint Petersburg on the "fundamental conditions" for the gas delivery.
Gazprom`s chief executive Alexei Miller said he hoped the final deal -- which has been negotiated for several years already -- could be signed by the end of the year.
The deal envisages Russia pumping 38 billion cubic metres of gas to China from 2018, a major change from the Russian firm`s current orientation towards European export.
"Everything has been agreed, except the price," a source close to Gazprom informed. The price has been the main sticking point for years in the talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday