Russia, China plan to boost missile defence cooper
Beijing: Russia and China are planning to intensify their cooperation on missile defence in response to America`s growing missile defence potential around the globe, a Russian security council official said Wednesday.
"We are concerned about US plans to build a global missile defence system, including in the Asia-Pacific region," Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev said during the 8th round of Russian-Chinese consultations on strategic security in Beijing.
"Our Chinese partners share our concerns and we have agreed to coordinate our actions in that respect," he said, adding that it would help both countries to develop a "constructive" approach toward missile defence issue.
Russia and China have been keeping a close eye on US moves to deploy missile defences around the arc of the South China Sea in addition to the planned European missile shield.
Moscow and Beijing are objecting US missile defence initiatives saying they are worsening the global and regional security environment, especially military and non-proliferation processes, to the detriment of Russian and Chinese nuclear deterrents.
Russia and China have held regular bilateral consultations on strategic issues since 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred