Russia, China reach $60 bn oil supply deal: Putin
Saint Petersburg: Moscow and Beijing have reached agreement on a USD 60 billion contract to ramp up Russian oil supplies to China, part of the two countries` strategy to tighten their energy partnership, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.
"A contract with Rosneft company has been prepared which is large-scale and unprecedented without any exaggeration," Putin told Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli at a meeting in Saint Petersburg, estimating the value of the deal at more than USD 60 billion.
In his comments open to the media, Putin did not say when the firm contract would be signed.
A preliminary agreement to gradually raise Russian oil supplies to China over the next 25 years from their current level of 15 million tonnes per year was reached during China`s leader Xi Jinping`s visit to Moscow in March.
As part of the deal, Russian oil state company Rosneft is to receive a USD 2 billion loan from China.
Russia, which wants to diversify its energy customers away from Europe, also needs to finalise a potentially huge gas deal with China but a commercial contract has so far proved elusive as talks have become mired in pricing disputes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!