Russia criticises US over human rights violations
Moscow: Russia has accused the US of having adopted a wrong approach for human rights protection by intervening in other countries` internal affairs.
Russian Foreign Ministry`s special envoy for Human Rights Konstantin Dolgov accused the US of violating the basic international principle of state sovereignty, Xinhua reported Monday.
"This is one of the reasons why (Moscow) has taken a decision to shutdown USAID activity in Russia," Dolgov said in an interview posted on ministry`s website.
In September, Russia accused the US official aid agency of trying to influence Russia`s domestic political affairs and ended its activities from October.
Dolgov said, the US authorities repeatedly violated the rights of journalists, put pressures on the mass media policy. It could hardly be called "an example of democracy."
Meanwhile, Dolgov pointed out the violations of Russian citizens rights in the US, including those pertaining to adopted children.
"There are some 100,000 crimes against children in Russia and over 3 million in the US every year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati and Pimpri Chinchwad seats