Russia delays 2012 military launches
Moscow: Russia will delay launches of military spacecraft this year because of a failed satellite launch last month, a top defence official said Tuesday.
The delays will be "insignificant", Russian Space Forces Commander Lt. Gen. Oleg Ostapenko said.
Two telecommunications satellites were lost Aug 7 due to a failure in the Russian Proton-M rocket`s upper stage.
Ostapenko said the launches will be put on hold until the findings of a government probe into the incident are fully looked into, as the Briz-M upper stages are also used to hoist military spacecraft into orbit.
Several senior space officials have been sacked over the failure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living