Russia delivers S-300 air-defence batteries to China
Moscow: Russia has delivered 15 batteries of S-300 surface-to-air missile systems to China, the manufacturer said Friday.
Igor Ashurbeili, general director of the Almaz-Antei, said it had thus completed the contract with China but gave no indication of how much it was worth or specifically how many S-300s had been delivered.
An S-300 battery is typically comprised of four truck-mounted installations, each consisting of four missiles.
A "huge line" of foreign clients is waiting to buy S-300s and a more advanced version, the S-400, but that no new contracts would be signed for the time being, he said.
"First, we have to arm the Russian military. If there are available production capacities and we fulfill our current contracts, then this process (the signing of new contracts) will resume."
The advanced version of the S-300 missile system, called S-300PMU1 (SA-20 Gargoyle), has a range of over 150 km and can intercept ballistic missiles and aircraft at low and high altitudes, making the system an effective tool for warding off possible airstrikes.
It can simultaneously track up to 100 targets and engage up to 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part VI
- Good news! EPFO finally gets govt nod to raise insurance cover of subscribers to Rs 6 lakh
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar