Russia denies delivering new weapons to Syria
Moscow: Moscow has not supplied Syria with new weapons since 2011 unless those envisaged by contracts signed before, state arms export agency Rosoboronexport said Friday.
"Currently Russia executes the contracts signed prior to 2011. They are 100 percent defensive, like anti-aircraft and coastal defence systems," RIA Novosti news agency quoted deputy head of Rosoboronexport Victor Komardin as saying.
According to Komardin, Russia supplies Syria with Tor and Buk anti-aircraft systems as well as with Bastion coastal defence systems, Xinhua reported.
The Kremlin also denied that Russia delivered new weapons to Syria.
"I did not see any material about advanced payments for some of our supplies. The supplies have been conducted in line with the existing deals," Kremlin`s aide Yuri Ushakov said.
He noted that military-technical cooperation between Syria and Russia does not violate any international norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority