Russia denies Finnish airspace violation
Moscow: The Russian Defence Ministry on Friday denied that the country`s planes violated Finnish airspace.
On Friday, the Finnish Defence Ministry stated on its website that "a Russian military plane is suspected of violating the airspace of Finland in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland in the evening of August 23, 2012". The incident is being investigated by the Finnish border guard service.
"There was no Finnish airspace violation by Russia," a Russian spokesperson for western military district said.
Another military spokesperson, Colonel Andrei Bobrun, declined that any airspace violation was detected by St Petersburg-based aviation traffic control centre and the Russian air defence in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met