Russia denies sending attack helicopters to Syria
Moscow: Russia`s foreign minister has rejected the US claim that Moscow is sending attack helicopters to Syria.
Russian news agencies today reported that Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov denied a claim by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that "there are attack helicopters on the way from Russia to Syria."
Lavrov said during a visit to Iran that Russia is completing earlier weapons contracts with Syria exclusively for air defense systems.
Clinton said yesterday that the shipment "will escalate the conflict quite dramatically."
Lavrov says that Russia isn`t providing Syria with weapons that can be used against peaceful demonstrators. Russia, along with China, has shielded Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime from international sanctions over its violent crackdown on protesters in which more than 13,000 people have died, according to opposition groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack