Russia denies sending attack helicopters to Syria
Moscow: Russia`s foreign minister has rejected the US claim that Moscow is sending attack helicopters to Syria.
Russian news agencies today reported that Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov denied a claim by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that "there are attack helicopters on the way from Russia to Syria."
Lavrov said during a visit to Iran that Russia is completing earlier weapons contracts with Syria exclusively for air defense systems.
Clinton said yesterday that the shipment "will escalate the conflict quite dramatically."
Lavrov says that Russia isn`t providing Syria with weapons that can be used against peaceful demonstrators. Russia, along with China, has shielded Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime from international sanctions over its violent crackdown on protesters in which more than 13,000 people have died, according to opposition groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened