Russia denies supplying Syria with offensive weapons
Moscow: Russia has denied to have supplied Syria with offensive weapons, Xinhua reported.
"As for Syria, as far as we understand, there are no decisions to ban supply of defensive weapons to that country. Russia doesn`t supply that country with the offensive weapons," said Russian deputy defence minister Anatoly Antonov.
He denied media reports suggesting Russia sent "special task units" or air defence systems operators to Syria.
As for the cruises of Russian naval ships, Antonov said they were performing missions in "various parts of the globe," but not carrying Russian officers to Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites