Russia denies supplying Syria with offensive weapons
Moscow: Russia has denied to have supplied Syria with offensive weapons, Xinhua reported.
"As for Syria, as far as we understand, there are no decisions to ban supply of defensive weapons to that country. Russia doesn`t supply that country with the offensive weapons," said Russian deputy defence minister Anatoly Antonov.
He denied media reports suggesting Russia sent "special task units" or air defence systems operators to Syria.
As for the cruises of Russian naval ships, Antonov said they were performing missions in "various parts of the globe," but not carrying Russian officers to Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply