Russia denies supplying Syria with offensive weapons
Moscow: Russia has denied to have supplied Syria with offensive weapons, Xinhua reported.
"As for Syria, as far as we understand, there are no decisions to ban supply of defensive weapons to that country. Russia doesn`t supply that country with the offensive weapons," said Russian deputy defence minister Anatoly Antonov.
He denied media reports suggesting Russia sent "special task units" or air defence systems operators to Syria.
As for the cruises of Russian naval ships, Antonov said they were performing missions in "various parts of the globe," but not carrying Russian officers to Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter