Russia deploys warships in Mediterranean Sea
Moscow: Russian Navy will conduct a routine ships rotation early September in the Mediterranean Sea, the country`s defense ministry has said.
Currently, guard ship Neustrashimy, large assault landing ships Shabalin, Admiral Nevelsky and Peresvet are fulfilling tasks in strategic regions in the Mediterranean, reported Xinhua Thursday citing the ministry in a report.
These ships will be replaced by large anti-boat ship -- Admiral Panteleyev -- which will serve as the commanding headquarters, and large assault landing ships Minsk and Novocherkassk, which will come from Novorossiysk, it said.
The regrouping is expected to take place between Sep 1-7, the ministry said, adding warships which have finished their missions in the Mediterranean will head to Novorossiysk for routine maintenance and replenishment.
Earlier Thursday, a report citing a source in Russian Armed Forces` general staff, said Moscow was sending a missile cruiser from the Black Sea Fleet and a large anti-submarine ship from the Northern Fleet to the Mediterranean Sea in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!