Russia deploys warships in Mediterranean Sea
Moscow: Russian Navy will conduct a routine ships rotation early September in the Mediterranean Sea, the country`s defense ministry has said.
Currently, guard ship Neustrashimy, large assault landing ships Shabalin, Admiral Nevelsky and Peresvet are fulfilling tasks in strategic regions in the Mediterranean, reported Xinhua Thursday citing the ministry in a report.
These ships will be replaced by large anti-boat ship -- Admiral Panteleyev -- which will serve as the commanding headquarters, and large assault landing ships Minsk and Novocherkassk, which will come from Novorossiysk, it said.
The regrouping is expected to take place between Sep 1-7, the ministry said, adding warships which have finished their missions in the Mediterranean will head to Novorossiysk for routine maintenance and replenishment.
Earlier Thursday, a report citing a source in Russian Armed Forces` general staff, said Moscow was sending a missile cruiser from the Black Sea Fleet and a large anti-submarine ship from the Northern Fleet to the Mediterranean Sea in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan