Russia deploys warships in Mediterranean Sea
Moscow: Russian Navy will conduct a routine ships rotation early September in the Mediterranean Sea, the country`s defense ministry has said.
Currently, guard ship Neustrashimy, large assault landing ships Shabalin, Admiral Nevelsky and Peresvet are fulfilling tasks in strategic regions in the Mediterranean, reported Xinhua Thursday citing the ministry in a report.
These ships will be replaced by large anti-boat ship -- Admiral Panteleyev -- which will serve as the commanding headquarters, and large assault landing ships Minsk and Novocherkassk, which will come from Novorossiysk, it said.
The regrouping is expected to take place between Sep 1-7, the ministry said, adding warships which have finished their missions in the Mediterranean will head to Novorossiysk for routine maintenance and replenishment.
Earlier Thursday, a report citing a source in Russian Armed Forces` general staff, said Moscow was sending a missile cruiser from the Black Sea Fleet and a large anti-submarine ship from the Northern Fleet to the Mediterranean Sea in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!