Russia dismantles last outpost beyond Georgia rebel regions
Tbilisi: Russian forces Monday withdrew from
the last outpost they had occupied outside Georgia`s rebel
regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia since the two countries`
Following an announcement hailed by international
mediators, Russian border guards dismantled a checkpoint,
withdrew from the town of Perevi and moved inside the de facto
borders of South Ossetia, Georgian and European Union
Georgia welcomed the move but said it was a "miniscule
step" and called on Russia to fully comply with the
EU-brokered ceasefire that ended the 2008 conflict.
The European Union Monitoring Mission (EUMM) in Georgia
said the withdrawal took place without incident.
"Our patrols have been monitoring and we can confirm the
withdrawal of the Russian border guard checkpoint in Perevi,"
EUMM spokeswoman Virginia Antonini said.
"Everything went smoothly, there were absolutely no
incidents," she added.
Georgian Interior Ministry spokesman Shota Utiashvili
said Georgian police had moved into Perevi following the
withdrawal and would be setting up a checkpoint in the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in