Russia enraged with foreign involvement in Ukraine: Kremlin
Moscow: Russia is enraged by foreign intervention in Ukraine`s internal affairs, the Kremlin has said.
"We surely regret and resent when outside involvement in the internal events in Kiev (Ukraine`s capital) becomes obvious," a newspaper Thursday quoted Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov as saying.
Moscow could not understand why foreign diplomats in Kiev had advised Ukrainian authorities how to act and deal with opposition riots, he said, calling that behaviour "unimaginable" and "causing rage" in Moscow, reported Xinhua.
"Russia and Ukraine are brotherly nations and Moscow watches events in Kiev with great attention and worry," the official said, adding that Russia has advised Ukrainian authorities on how to normalise the situation.
Moscow believed it was unacceptable for other nations to interfere in its neighbour`s affairs, he said.
All Kiev`s decisions were sovereign and made in the frame of democratic procedures, so any use of political tactics by outsiders was unacceptable, Peskov said.
The State Duma, or lower house of the Russian parliament Wednesday urged Western political circles to stop meddling in the internal affairs of Ukraine in violation of international law.
Mass protests in Ukraine began Nov 21 last year following a government decision to put on hold an association agreement with the European Union and opt for closer relations with Russia.
Since last weekend, more than 300 people have been injured during the unrest in central Kiev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far