Russia grounds Sukhoi Su-27 fighters
Moscow: Russia has grounded its entire fleet of Sukhoi Su-27 fighters until the probe is over in the crash of a similar jet, Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday.
The announcement came after the rescuers today recovered the body of the pilot and flight recorders of Su-27 fighter, which was destroyed in Thursday`s crash in the Khabarovsk region.
"Until the reason for the SU-27 crash in the Khabarovsk Territory becomes clear, all flights by this type of aircraft have been suspended," state-run Vesti TV channel reported quoting Defence Ministry officials.
About 450 Su-27 aircrafts have been built for the Russian Air Force since 1984, and over 200 jets have been exported to other countries, including China, Indonesia, Angola and some ex-Soviet states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!