Russia grounds Sukhoi Su-27 fighters
Moscow: Russia has grounded its entire fleet of Sukhoi Su-27 fighters until the probe is over in the crash of a similar jet, Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday.
The announcement came after the rescuers today recovered the body of the pilot and flight recorders of Su-27 fighter, which was destroyed in Thursday`s crash in the Khabarovsk region.
"Until the reason for the SU-27 crash in the Khabarovsk Territory becomes clear, all flights by this type of aircraft have been suspended," state-run Vesti TV channel reported quoting Defence Ministry officials.
About 450 Su-27 aircrafts have been built for the Russian Air Force since 1984, and over 200 jets have been exported to other countries, including China, Indonesia, Angola and some ex-Soviet states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself