Russia grounds Sukhoi Su-27 fighters
Moscow: Russia has grounded its entire fleet of Sukhoi Su-27 fighters until the probe is over in the crash of a similar jet, Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday.
The announcement came after the rescuers today recovered the body of the pilot and flight recorders of Su-27 fighter, which was destroyed in Thursday`s crash in the Khabarovsk region.
"Until the reason for the SU-27 crash in the Khabarovsk Territory becomes clear, all flights by this type of aircraft have been suspended," state-run Vesti TV channel reported quoting Defence Ministry officials.
About 450 Su-27 aircrafts have been built for the Russian Air Force since 1984, and over 200 jets have been exported to other countries, including China, Indonesia, Angola and some ex-Soviet states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece