Russia grounds Sukhoi Su-27 fighters
Moscow: Russia has grounded its entire fleet of Sukhoi Su-27 fighters until the probe is over in the crash of a similar jet, Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday.
The announcement came after the rescuers today recovered the body of the pilot and flight recorders of Su-27 fighter, which was destroyed in Thursday`s crash in the Khabarovsk region.
"Until the reason for the SU-27 crash in the Khabarovsk Territory becomes clear, all flights by this type of aircraft have been suspended," state-run Vesti TV channel reported quoting Defence Ministry officials.
About 450 Su-27 aircrafts have been built for the Russian Air Force since 1984, and over 200 jets have been exported to other countries, including China, Indonesia, Angola and some ex-Soviet states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states