Russia has no plans to re-deploy guards to Tajik-Afghan border
Dushanbe: Russia has no plans to
re-deploy border guards to the Tajik-Afghan border, Russian
Ambassador to Tajikistan Yuri Popov has said.
"A broader basing of Russian border guards on the
Tajik-Afghan border is not on the agenda, and neither Moscow
nor Dushanbe will be raising the issue," the Russian diplomat
told a magazine yesterday reacting to media reports on the
on-going Russian-Tajik border cooperation talks in Dushanbe.
"Russia and Tajikistan are coordinating a draft
agreement on border issue cooperation at the expert level,
with the view of optimising the parameters, forms and
guidelines for interaction in this important sphere," he
The term of the inter-government agreement, signed in
2005 and ratified by the parliaments of the two countries,
expires in April 2011.
The document regulated the conditions of the
functioning in Tajikistan of a group of border troops of
Russia`s Federal Security Service, represented by a small
group of advisers after Russia`s withdrawal of its border
troops from Tajikistan in the summer of 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3