Russia marks 10th anniversary of Kursk sub sinking
Moscow: Russian Navy ships are flying flags at half-mast and memorial ceremonies are being held across the nation to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Kursk nuclear submarine disaster.
The Kursk, one of Russia`s most advanced submarines, suffered two powerful explosions and sank during naval manoeuvres in the Barents Sea on August 12, 2000, killing its entire crew of 118. The bodies were recovered when the wreck was raised in 2001.
Prosecutors blamed the catastrophe on an explosive propellant that leaked from a faulty torpedo.
Memorial ceremonies were held on Thursday at the northern submarine base of Vidyayevo where the Kursk was based and other Navy bases and Russian cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray