Russia may follow US in declaring N-stockpile
Moscow: Russia on Wednesday indicated its readiness
to follow the US in declaring its secret data on the size of
its nuclear stockpile.
"After the new arms reduction treaty signed in Prague on
April 8 by the Russian and US Presidents comes into force, we
also will be able to consider the issue of publishing the
total number of deployed strategic carriers and warheads,"
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko said.
Earlier this month, the Pentagon for the first time
declassified the top secret data on its nuclear stockpiles
which had a total of 5,113 atomic warheads.
In a recent interview to Rossiya channel, US President
Barack Obama expressed hope that the new START treaty could be
ratified by Parliaments of the two nations in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'