Russia may follow US in declaring N-stockpile
Moscow: Russia on Wednesday indicated its readiness
to follow the US in declaring its secret data on the size of
its nuclear stockpile.
"After the new arms reduction treaty signed in Prague on
April 8 by the Russian and US Presidents comes into force, we
also will be able to consider the issue of publishing the
total number of deployed strategic carriers and warheads,"
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko said.
Earlier this month, the Pentagon for the first time
declassified the top secret data on its nuclear stockpiles
which had a total of 5,113 atomic warheads.
In a recent interview to Rossiya channel, US President
Barack Obama expressed hope that the new START treaty could be
ratified by Parliaments of the two nations in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures
- PDP, Centre not on same page, meet between Mehbooba Mufti and PM Modi critical: Defence expert
- Diabetes drug may help prevent heart disease