Russia may follow US in declaring N-stockpile
Moscow: Russia on Wednesday indicated its readiness
to follow the US in declaring its secret data on the size of
its nuclear stockpile.
"After the new arms reduction treaty signed in Prague on
April 8 by the Russian and US Presidents comes into force, we
also will be able to consider the issue of publishing the
total number of deployed strategic carriers and warheads,"
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko said.
Earlier this month, the Pentagon for the first time
declassified the top secret data on its nuclear stockpiles
which had a total of 5,113 atomic warheads.
In a recent interview to Rossiya channel, US President
Barack Obama expressed hope that the new START treaty could be
ratified by Parliaments of the two nations in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself