Russia may follow US in declaring N-stockpile
Moscow: Russia on Wednesday indicated its readiness
to follow the US in declaring its secret data on the size of
its nuclear stockpile.
"After the new arms reduction treaty signed in Prague on
April 8 by the Russian and US Presidents comes into force, we
also will be able to consider the issue of publishing the
total number of deployed strategic carriers and warheads,"
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko said.
Earlier this month, the Pentagon for the first time
declassified the top secret data on its nuclear stockpiles
which had a total of 5,113 atomic warheads.
In a recent interview to Rossiya channel, US President
Barack Obama expressed hope that the new START treaty could be
ratified by Parliaments of the two nations in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway