Russia may halt US inspections over sanctions
Moscow: Russian news agencies says Moscow is considering a freeze of US military inspections under arms control treaties in retaliation to Washington`s decision to halt military cooperation with Russia.
Agencies on Saturday carried a statement by an unidentified Defence Ministry official saying that Moscow sees the US move as a reason to suspend US inspections in Russia in line with the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty and the 2011 Vienna agreement between Russia and NATO on confidence-building measures.
Such comments carried by Russian news agencies are used to convey government statements.
The US and the European Union have introduced sanctions over Russia in response to its move to send troops that have taken control of Ukraine`s Black Sea peninsula of Crimea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him