Russia may halt US inspections over sanctions
Moscow: Russian news agencies says Moscow is considering a freeze of US military inspections under arms control treaties in retaliation to Washington`s decision to halt military cooperation with Russia.
Agencies on Saturday carried a statement by an unidentified Defence Ministry official saying that Moscow sees the US move as a reason to suspend US inspections in Russia in line with the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty and the 2011 Vienna agreement between Russia and NATO on confidence-building measures.
Such comments carried by Russian news agencies are used to convey government statements.
The US and the European Union have introduced sanctions over Russia in response to its move to send troops that have taken control of Ukraine`s Black Sea peninsula of Crimea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!