Russia may halt US inspections over sanctions
Moscow: Russian news agencies says Moscow is considering a freeze of US military inspections under arms control treaties in retaliation to Washington`s decision to halt military cooperation with Russia.
Agencies on Saturday carried a statement by an unidentified Defence Ministry official saying that Moscow sees the US move as a reason to suspend US inspections in Russia in line with the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty and the 2011 Vienna agreement between Russia and NATO on confidence-building measures.
Such comments carried by Russian news agencies are used to convey government statements.
The US and the European Union have introduced sanctions over Russia in response to its move to send troops that have taken control of Ukraine`s Black Sea peninsula of Crimea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi