Russia may halt US inspections over sanctions
Moscow: Russian news agencies says Moscow is considering a freeze of US military inspections under arms control treaties in retaliation to Washington`s decision to halt military cooperation with Russia.
Agencies on Saturday carried a statement by an unidentified Defence Ministry official saying that Moscow sees the US move as a reason to suspend US inspections in Russia in line with the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty and the 2011 Vienna agreement between Russia and NATO on confidence-building measures.
Such comments carried by Russian news agencies are used to convey government statements.
The US and the European Union have introduced sanctions over Russia in response to its move to send troops that have taken control of Ukraine`s Black Sea peninsula of Crimea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area
- Deepika Padukone has a 'teddy bear' in Hollywood! Who is he?