Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020
Moscow: Russia will form 26 additional brigades by 2020 without increasing the number of personnel in the Armed forces, Col Gen Vladimir Chirkin, commander of ground forces, said Monday.
In line with the current military reform, the Russian armed forces have been reduced to one million personnel. At present, there are about 100 brigades.
"We will add 10 reconnaissance, 14 army aviation and two air defence brigades by 2020," Chirkin said.
He added, however, that the overall number of personnel in the forces will not change.
"We have reached a million, and no further changes will be made," the general said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies