Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020
Moscow: Russia will form 26 additional brigades by 2020 without increasing the number of personnel in the Armed forces, Col Gen Vladimir Chirkin, commander of ground forces, said Monday.
In line with the current military reform, the Russian armed forces have been reduced to one million personnel. At present, there are about 100 brigades.
"We will add 10 reconnaissance, 14 army aviation and two air defence brigades by 2020," Chirkin said.
He added, however, that the overall number of personnel in the forces will not change.
"We have reached a million, and no further changes will be made," the general said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside