Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020
Moscow: Russia will form 26 additional brigades by 2020 without increasing the number of personnel in the Armed forces, Col Gen Vladimir Chirkin, commander of ground forces, said Monday.
In line with the current military reform, the Russian armed forces have been reduced to one million personnel. At present, there are about 100 brigades.
"We will add 10 reconnaissance, 14 army aviation and two air defence brigades by 2020," Chirkin said.
He added, however, that the overall number of personnel in the forces will not change.
"We have reached a million, and no further changes will be made," the general said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray