Russia: Mother throws baby from ninth floor
Moscow: A woman in central Russia`s Ryazan city threw her nine-month-old son out of a ninth floor window during a visit by child welfare officers, police said.
Two officers of a police unit for the issues related to minors visited the 23-year-old woman, following a request from her mother, who said her daughter was not taking proper care of the baby.
"The woman was in a state of agitation. In a conversation, she complained of difficult life and then, suddenly, threw the baby who she held in her hands, out of the ninth floor window," police said in a statement.
One of the officers ran downstairs and called doctors, but it was too late.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India