Russia: Mother throws baby from ninth floor
Moscow: A woman in central Russia`s Ryazan city threw her nine-month-old son out of a ninth floor window during a visit by child welfare officers, police said.
Two officers of a police unit for the issues related to minors visited the 23-year-old woman, following a request from her mother, who said her daughter was not taking proper care of the baby.
"The woman was in a state of agitation. In a conversation, she complained of difficult life and then, suddenly, threw the baby who she held in her hands, out of the ninth floor window," police said in a statement.
One of the officers ran downstairs and called doctors, but it was too late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...