Russia, NATO agree on armoured vehicles transfers: Lavrov
Moscow: Russia will allow NATO to transfer
armoured vehicles through its territory to Afghanistan under
an expanded new cooperation agreement, Foreign Minister Sergei
Lavrov said on Thursday.
"The simplified procedure has been expanded to include
armoured vehicles with fortified anti-mine protection," Lavrov
said at a joint press appearance with his Afghan counterpart
"This is an important addition that participants of the
international security-promotion forces asked about in the
Moscow and NATO struck a deal last weekend to boost the
flow of Western military supply shipments through Russia to
the front line in Afghanistan.
But NATO officials did not disclose details of the new
Russia had previously allowed NATO to transfer non-combat
equipment to Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day