Russia, NATO agree on armoured vehicles transfers: Lavrov
Moscow: Russia will allow NATO to transfer
armoured vehicles through its territory to Afghanistan under
an expanded new cooperation agreement, Foreign Minister Sergei
Lavrov said on Thursday.
"The simplified procedure has been expanded to include
armoured vehicles with fortified anti-mine protection," Lavrov
said at a joint press appearance with his Afghan counterpart
"This is an important addition that participants of the
international security-promotion forces asked about in the
Moscow and NATO struck a deal last weekend to boost the
flow of Western military supply shipments through Russia to
the front line in Afghanistan.
But NATO officials did not disclose details of the new
Russia had previously allowed NATO to transfer non-combat
equipment to Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress