Russia, NATO at loggerheads over missile defence
Moscow: Talks between NATO and Russia over US plans for a projected missile defence system in Europe remain at loggerheads, Russia`s Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov said on Thursday.
"So far we have not found a mutually acceptable solution to the missile defence question" and the situation is at a dead end, Serdyukov said on the first day of a three-day conference on the issue in Moscow.
NATO is to declare the first operational readiness of its Euro-missile defence system at a summit in Chicago on May 20, an indication that the alliance is willing to go ahead with the system without Russian accord, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH