Russia, NATO begin analysis of common security threats
Brussels: Russia and NATO have
begun a joint analysis of common security threats of the 21st
century, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has
He said two meetings of the Russia-NATO Council had been
held on these matters and work would continue within weeks.
A progress report will be prepared by April. It will be
followed by a final document to be ready by the end of the
Russia`s permanent representative to NATO Dmitry Rogozin
said a joint analysis of common security threats should show
"the coincidence of these threats for us and the North
Atlantic Alliance, and therefore the inevitability of our
cooperation in countering them".
According to Rogozin, five meetings of the Russia-NATO
Council will be held at the ambassadorial level to analyse
common security threats.
"Work is proceeding very actively, and we meet every week.
If need more meetings or more experts have to be invited, we
will do so," he said.
A joint analysis of common security threats is one of the
points made by Rasmussen in his programme designed to restore
relations with Russia and improve mutual confidence, which was
announced in September of 2009.
The chief of the Russian Army General Staff, General of
the Army Nikolai Makarov said earlier that Russia was ready to
cooperate with NATO for the security of all, not any one
country or a group of countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate