Russia Navy considering buying French-built ship
Moscow: A top Russian military official says Russia is negotiating the possible purchase of a military ship built in France.
Deputy Defence Minister Vladimir Popovkin says it is too early to say whether an agreement for buying a Mistral-class helicopter carrier can be reached.
Popovkin told Ekho Moskvy radio on Saturday that along with the ship Russia was seeking to acquire technologies that would help raise the level of domestic shipbuilding industries.
If a deal goes through, it would be the first foreign ship that Russia`s Navy has bought in decades, and the first-ever from a NATO member nation.
Russia currently only has one Soviet-built aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, which has been plagued by mechanical problems and accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city