Russia not in talks over Assad`s future: Lavrov
Moscow: Moscow is not holding talks with anyone over Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s future, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Sunday.
Speaking during a meeting with President Vladimir Putin`s election agents, Lavrov said the priority to solve the crisis should be forcing all parties involved to lay down their weapons instead of talking endlessly about Assad`s fate, Xinhua reported.
The minister reiterated Moscow`s stance on Syria, calling for a Geneva meeting of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council and the Arab League countries.
He also called for the full implementation of the Geneva communique as a basis for the political settlement of the crisis and complained that some of Russia`s western partners had departed from former agreements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?