Russia not to use Ukraine`s naval aviation facility
Kiev: Russia has decided to stop using Ukrainian naval aviation training facility, which it has been renting to train its carrier pilots since 1997, the government said here Tuesday.
Ukraine said it was considering other options to determine the future use of its Nitka naval aviation training facility after Russia decided not to rent the site starting next year, Xinhua reported.
Ukrainian foreign ministry confirmed Tuesday Russia had officially informed Kiev of a decision to stop the use of the Nitka naval aviation training facility in Ukraine`s southern Crimea peninsula beginning 2014.
"Moscow`s decision was predictable for the Ukrainian side, as the Russian Federation has set up a similar facility on its territory," said a ministry`s spokesperson here in a news briefing.
Nitka, which provides a base for naval pilots to practice their skills in taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier`s deck, was built during the Soviet-era.
Russia has been renting the site in line with the inter-governmental agreement signed between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets