Russia not to use Ukraine`s naval aviation facility
Kiev: Russia has decided to stop using Ukrainian naval aviation training facility, which it has been renting to train its carrier pilots since 1997, the government said here Tuesday.
Ukraine said it was considering other options to determine the future use of its Nitka naval aviation training facility after Russia decided not to rent the site starting next year, Xinhua reported.
Ukrainian foreign ministry confirmed Tuesday Russia had officially informed Kiev of a decision to stop the use of the Nitka naval aviation training facility in Ukraine`s southern Crimea peninsula beginning 2014.
"Moscow`s decision was predictable for the Ukrainian side, as the Russian Federation has set up a similar facility on its territory," said a ministry`s spokesperson here in a news briefing.
Nitka, which provides a base for naval pilots to practice their skills in taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier`s deck, was built during the Soviet-era.
Russia has been renting the site in line with the inter-governmental agreement signed between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA