`Russia opposes any Syria resolution allowing strikes`
Moscow: Russia opposes any United Nations Security Council resolution that would permit military strikes against the Syrian regime of President Bashar al-Assad, a senior diplomat said Friday.
"Russia opposes any resolution of the UN Security Council indicating the probability of the use of force, (or) any resolution that could be used for military action against Syria," Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov told the ITAR-TASS news agency.
Britain yesterday attempted to win UN backing for military intervention over the Syrian regime`s suspected use of chemical weapons, but a meeting of the five permanent Security Council members -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States -- ended with no apparent breakthrough.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO