`Russia opposes any UN resolution on Syria`
UN Security Council of any resolution on Syria as such a move
could aggravate the situation in the country, the foreign
ministry spokesman said on Saturday.
"Russia is against any resolution of the UN Security
Council on Syria and this has been stated more than once at
presidential level," Alexander Lukashevich told reporters.
"The situation in this country, in our opinion, does
not pose a threat to international peace and security," he
said, quoted by Russian state media.
"The discussion of an anti-Syrian resolution at the
Security Council could lead to an even greater escalation of
Britain and France have drawn up a new resolution
which demands that President Bashar al-Assad end violence
against the opposition and lift the siege of protesting
cities. It also calls for an arms embargo on Syria.
Britain`s Prime Minister David Cameron said on
Wednesday: "If anyone votes against that resolution, or tries
to veto it, that should be on their conscience."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!