Russia police find bomb near train station: Report
Moscow: Police discovered a bomb in a car near a railway station in northern Russia on Thursday, days after a train bombing killed 26 people, local news agencies reported.
The car was found near a station close to Russia`s border with Finland, 900 km (560 miles) north of Moscow, Interfax and RIA Novosti news agencies reported.
"A car was seized in the square near the Segezha train station in which an explosive device and guns were found," Vadim Kashirin, head of the transport police in the northwest region, was quoted as saying by Interfax.
Islamist rebels have claimed responsibility for detonating a bomb under a luxury express train as it travelled from Moscow to St Petersburg last week, derailing and wrecking carriages and killing 26 people, including some senior officials.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia would "break the spine" of terrorism and demanded tough action against "criminals" who attacked their own people, during an annual televised question and answer session with the Russian people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter