Russia prepared for second global crisis: Putin
Moscow: Russia is better prepared for a second global financial crisis, President Vladimir Putin has said.
"I believe we are even better prepared because we`ve already experienced the first wave of the crisis, and we have an understanding of what`s to be done about it and how we should do it," Putin said in an interview with RT TV.
"And we have the instruments for crisis management."
Putin added that Parliament had agreed to assign RUB 200 billion to the government fund, which could help cover the budget deficit.
"But so far, we don`t have a deficit -- next year`s budget registers a surplus, slight as it may be," Putin said.
"Our unemployment rates are the lowest possible. We maintain an unemployment rate of 5.1 percent, which is even below pre-crisis indices."
He added that Russia will closely follow the economic situation in neighbouring countries.
"Our interest is in seeing the euro zone survive and our main partner-economies get back on track," he said.
"We need Europe`s leading economies such as Germany, France and Britain to be in good shape."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions