Russia prepared for second global crisis: Putin
Moscow: Russia is better prepared for a second global financial crisis, President Vladimir Putin has said.
"I believe we are even better prepared because we`ve already experienced the first wave of the crisis, and we have an understanding of what`s to be done about it and how we should do it," Putin said in an interview with RT TV.
"And we have the instruments for crisis management."
Putin added that Parliament had agreed to assign RUB 200 billion to the government fund, which could help cover the budget deficit.
"But so far, we don`t have a deficit -- next year`s budget registers a surplus, slight as it may be," Putin said.
"Our unemployment rates are the lowest possible. We maintain an unemployment rate of 5.1 percent, which is even below pre-crisis indices."
He added that Russia will closely follow the economic situation in neighbouring countries.
"Our interest is in seeing the euro zone survive and our main partner-economies get back on track," he said.
"We need Europe`s leading economies such as Germany, France and Britain to be in good shape."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore