Russia prepared for second global crisis: Putin
Moscow: Russia is better prepared for a second global financial crisis, President Vladimir Putin has said.
"I believe we are even better prepared because we`ve already experienced the first wave of the crisis, and we have an understanding of what`s to be done about it and how we should do it," Putin said in an interview with RT TV.
"And we have the instruments for crisis management."
Putin added that Parliament had agreed to assign RUB 200 billion to the government fund, which could help cover the budget deficit.
"But so far, we don`t have a deficit -- next year`s budget registers a surplus, slight as it may be," Putin said.
"Our unemployment rates are the lowest possible. We maintain an unemployment rate of 5.1 percent, which is even below pre-crisis indices."
He added that Russia will closely follow the economic situation in neighbouring countries.
"Our interest is in seeing the euro zone survive and our main partner-economies get back on track," he said.
"We need Europe`s leading economies such as Germany, France and Britain to be in good shape."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees