Russia protests against border violation
Moscow: The Russian foreign ministry sent a note of protest to Ukraine over border violation by Ukrainian soldiers, a statement said.
Moscow has demanded Kiev to stop provocations on the Russian border, which "hamper the incipient process of restoring the bilateral Russian-Ukrainian dialogue" and violate the fundamental norms of international law, Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying Friday.
"The state border was violated by armed units, as infantry vehicles crossed the border. An attempt was made to defy Russian border guards` orders," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
An infantry fighting vehicle of Ukrainian armed forces crossed the Russian state border in the Rostov region of southwestern Russia earlier Friday.
Russian border guards has detained the vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof