Russia psychiatric hospital fire kills 38
Moscow: A fire broke out on Friday in a psychiatric hospital near Moscow, killing 38 people, Russia`s Health Ministry said.
The fire broke out on the roof and spread rapidly throughout the hospital in the town of Ramensky, the ministry said.
"According to preliminary reports, 38 people were killed, including two medical staff," said health ministry spokesman Oleg Salagai, cited by the RIA Novosti news agency.
The Emergency Situations Ministry said in a statement that 41 people were in the building at the time.
"Twelve bodies have been found" so far, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev