Russia ready to enrich uranium for Iran research reactor
Moscow: Russia is prepared to enrich uranium
supplied by Iran to feed a research reactor in Tehran, Russian
news agencies reported today.
"Russia is positive about this idea. If the UN nuclear
agency approaches us we are prepared to take the uranium and
enrich it," Russia`s three main news agencies quoted an
informed source as saying.
According to the ITAR-TASS state news agency, the source
said the idea would involve Russia further enriching
low-enriched Iranian uranium and then passing it on to France
or Argentina to be made into fuel.
"The idea is very attractive given the fact that the
project will be led by the International Atomic Energy Agency
(IAEA)," ITAR-TASS quoted the source as saying.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said this week that
Iran would propose at crucial talks in Geneva today that it
could buy uranium enriched to the grade it requires for a
research reactor from a third party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note