Russia ready to enrich uranium for Iran research reactor
Moscow: Russia is prepared to enrich uranium
supplied by Iran to feed a research reactor in Tehran, Russian
news agencies reported today.
"Russia is positive about this idea. If the UN nuclear
agency approaches us we are prepared to take the uranium and
enrich it," Russia`s three main news agencies quoted an
informed source as saying.
According to the ITAR-TASS state news agency, the source
said the idea would involve Russia further enriching
low-enriched Iranian uranium and then passing it on to France
or Argentina to be made into fuel.
"The idea is very attractive given the fact that the
project will be led by the International Atomic Energy Agency
(IAEA)," ITAR-TASS quoted the source as saying.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said this week that
Iran would propose at crucial talks in Geneva today that it
could buy uranium enriched to the grade it requires for a
research reactor from a third party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?