Russia ready to enrich uranium for Iran research reactor
Moscow: Russia is prepared to enrich uranium
supplied by Iran to feed a research reactor in Tehran, Russian
news agencies reported today.
"Russia is positive about this idea. If the UN nuclear
agency approaches us we are prepared to take the uranium and
enrich it," Russia`s three main news agencies quoted an
informed source as saying.
According to the ITAR-TASS state news agency, the source
said the idea would involve Russia further enriching
low-enriched Iranian uranium and then passing it on to France
or Argentina to be made into fuel.
"The idea is very attractive given the fact that the
project will be led by the International Atomic Energy Agency
(IAEA)," ITAR-TASS quoted the source as saying.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said this week that
Iran would propose at crucial talks in Geneva today that it
could buy uranium enriched to the grade it requires for a
research reactor from a third party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love