Russia `ready` to export Su-30 fighters to Africa
Moscow: Russia was ready to sell Su-30s and other modern fighter jets to African countries, state-controlled arms exporter Rosoboronexport said.
Delivery contracts with countries such as Uganda, Angola, Ethiopia and others should include personnel training programs and after-sales servicing, Rosoboronexport`s deputy chief Alexander Mikheyev said Saturday.
This year, Russia has delivered six Su-30MK2 multirole fighters to Uganda, he said.
Mikheyev said Uganda has expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of that type.
Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report