Russia sending attack helicopters to Syria: US
Washington: The Obama administration says Russia is sending attack helicopters to Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime and is warning about a dramatic escalation in the Arab country`s 15-month conflict.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says the delivery represents the "latest information”. She says the US is concerned as the helicopters "will escalate the conflict quite dramatically”.
She is calling instead for Moscow to help the US push forward a political transition plan for Syria.
Hillary was speaking on Tuesday at the Brookings Institution, a liberal-oriented research and policy organisation.
Russia has consistently said it would not condone the use of outside forces to end the conflict and has said that it would not supply arms that would aid the government in quelling the uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'