Russia sends aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan
Amman: Russia has sent 38 tonnes of humanitarian aid for over half a million Syrian refugees staying in Jordon.
A Russian plane laden with assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan arrived in the kingdom on Thursday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organisation, the aid is the third batch of assistance from Russia to the Syrians in Jordan. It includes cooking materials, electricity generators and food material.
The aid is to be distributed soon among the Syrian refugees to help Jordon in reducing the pressure of hosting such a large number of refugees.
Over 540,000 Syrians fled to Jordan since the start of the unrest in their country in early 2011 to date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam