Russia sends aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan
Amman: Russia has sent 38 tonnes of humanitarian aid for over half a million Syrian refugees staying in Jordon.
A Russian plane laden with assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan arrived in the kingdom on Thursday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organisation, the aid is the third batch of assistance from Russia to the Syrians in Jordan. It includes cooking materials, electricity generators and food material.
The aid is to be distributed soon among the Syrian refugees to help Jordon in reducing the pressure of hosting such a large number of refugees.
Over 540,000 Syrians fled to Jordan since the start of the unrest in their country in early 2011 to date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley
- Sex once a week best for your relationship